SPARK Summer Reading and Math Intensives
The SPARK Summer Intensive Educational Therapy Program
The summer boost that will ignite reading, spelling & math brainpower for elementary & middle school students
Our Summer SPARK Program gives a child the academic boost he or she needs to start the next school year strong.
At Child Success Center our Masters level Educational Therapists are highly trained in the identification process of individual learning styles and the underlying roots of learning challenges that may be preventing a child from reaching his/her potential. After an initial and thorough assessment, an individualized program is created that meets the child’s specific needs, drawing from researched based programs and protocols, in combination with their highly trained backgrounds.
When learning skills are significantly delayed, the therapist might recommend a more intensive course of therapy, perhaps in a specific area like reading, spelling or math. These “intensives” may also involve the specialized services of an Occupational Therapist and/or a Speech Therapist. The Educational Therapist will notify parents in advance if collaborative therapy is advised. These “intensives” are geared towards student motivation and interest, and are individualized, making the most out of the time spent and achieving fast and strong results. Generally, a child will come to the center approximately 2-3 hours a day, 2-4 days a week, depending on the child’s needs.
Avoid the Summer Slide
Studies reveal that a child can lose up to 30% of their math and reading abilities over the summer break, commonly known as the “summer slide”. Just a couple of hours a week during the summer spent working on academic skills can make a huge difference in your child’s readiness in the fall to move up to the next grade level.
What makes the CSC Summer Spark program different from other similar programs?
- Pre & post assessments to measure success
- All our clinicians are Masters level with extensive experience assessing and treating childhood learning challenges
- Our clinicians are highly trained in identifying and treating the underlying root of a child’s learning difficulty, not just the functional issue.
- Our Educational Therapists have access to and collaborate with other members of the CSC therapy team to address a child’s learning challenges associated with underlying issues that include visual, auditory, language, sensorimotor, oculomotor, memory and attention.
- By supporting the underlying brain processing pieces of the puzzle and not just the skill itself, a child will learn to be a strong and independent learner.
This summer school break let the CSC SPARK program give your child the learning boost he needs, delivered in a fun, engaging and movement filled environment with facilitators who will support and nurture each child as an individual.
When: Summer Intensive Sessions – June thru August, Monday – Friday
Enrollment: Call the Child Success Center – 310.899.9597.